Our Mission and Values at Academy360, developed over the course of our 50-year history, guide our everyday endeavors and inform every teaching and learning interaction we have with our students, our staff, and administration, as well as our partners in the community. It now serves as the global Mission and Values system for all Spectrum360 programs.
Spectrum360’s mission is to provide the highest quality educational and therapeutic programs for individuals with learning, language and social/emotional challenges to achieve their maximum potential as responsible adults in society; recognize and value the individuals’ unique abilities, learning styles and differences; and serve as a leader in promoting innovative educational
Spectrum360 challenges expectations for children, adolescents, young adults and adults across the full spectrum of autism and with behavioral and related disabilities through innovative special education, employment supports, and community-building.
We do not define individuals by their disabilities. Using evidence-based approaches, we push the boundaries of traditional programs and services, helping each person we serve to discover unique talents, develop self-worth, and maximize opportunities for independence, self-direction, citizenship, and community integration.
- We see individuals. We do not define people by their disabilities.
- We value, educate, and support the “whole person.”
- We offer students and adults similar opportunities to those available to their typically developing peers.
- We use evidence-based practices tailored to meet each individual’s needs.
- The community is our classroom – we value and engage in community-based instruction and integration.
- We serve individuals across the full spectrum of autism and with behavioral and related disabilities.
- We work to create a deep sense of belonging and connection for the individuals we serve, their families, our staff, and our supporters.
- We work to create strong positive peer relationships and community connections.
- As the field of autism is ever changing, we research and implement innovative programs, services, supports, and strategies.
- We are thought leaders, and as such, offer education, training, support, and guidance to families, other educators, and the larger autism community