Academy360 Upper School operates at our campus in Livingston, NJ.
At Academy360 Upper School, we provide secondary programs approved by NJDOE for autism and behavior disabled through both self-contained and departmental instruction.
What makes Academy360 Upper School unique is not what is visible – students at their lockers, students gathering around a lab table, the sounds of a play practice down the hall – but what is not seen: the specialized support services we employ to encourage increased independence, and to help students be successful in an environment that has the look and feel of a typical high school.
Here too, we teach the “whole child,” tapping into and building on individual strengths and talents, and building on prior learning. With a strong academic component, life skills, and career development services, and instruction in special areas including art, music, and video production, our students have expanded opportunities to experience success and prepare for their futures.
When appropriate, we also assist students with transitioning back to their local school districts, into vocational programs and community colleges.
Academy360 Upper School offers a comprehensive program based on principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), Differentiated Instruction, and Universal Design for Learning, and provides even more opportunities for peer interaction, and social and community engagement. Our state-approved curriculum emphasizes academics, incorporating real-world experiences, and life and social skills training to support students in all areas of development.
Academy360 Upper School also provides services for students who need a more traditional self-contained classroom environment.
- A full day of academic instruction.
- Speech, Clinical, Occupational and Physical Therapy, and Behavioral services.
- Psychological and Psychiatric Consultations.
- Small classes and student to staff ratios.
- High School academic courses aligned with national and state standards.
- Life Skills and Career Education classes.
- Career Development Workshops.
- Community-Based Work Experience Program.
- Community-Based Instruction.
- Evidence-based Teaching Strategies.
- Extended School Year Program.
- Evening workshops for families and community members provided by experts in the field of autism, special education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and more.
- Concentrations in digital arts, video and graphic arts available. (All components of our FilmAcademy360 curriculum are offered)
The Young Adult Program (YAP) at Academy360 Upper School
Independence, self-determination, and personal growth are the cornerstones of the Young Adult Program at Academy360.
We give our young adult students the tools they need to become as independent as possible through integrated, community-based learning opportunities designed to support skill generalization. Our goal is to ensure a seamless transition from the security of the school environment to the adult world of increased choice and self-direction.
Our Young Adult Program offers students ages 18-21 a full day program supporting transition into adulthood. We use principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), Differentiated Instruction, and Universal Design for Learning. Our state-approved curriculum emphasizes the skill sets our students need to live, work and socialize within their communities. Our students graduate with the necessary linkages to post-secondary supports.
The Young Adult Program Offers:
- Small classes and student to staff ratios
- Speech, Clinical, Occupational and Physical Therapy, and Behavioral services
- Psychological and Psychiatric Consultations
- Life Skills and Career Education classes
- Career Development Workshops
- Community-Based Work Experience Program
- Community-Based Instruction
- Travel Training with New Jersey Travel Independence Program (NJTIP)
- Social Skills in the Workplace
- Comprehensive Transition Planning
- Consultation Services with Community Personnel Services
- Adult Education Evening Classes
- Evidence-based Teaching Strategies
- Evening workshops for parents and families are provided by experts in the field of autism, behavioral disabilities, special education, applied behavior analysis (ABA).
Adult Enrichment at Academy360 Upper School
Continued learning and personal growth are vital!
Spectrum360’s Adult Enrichment program provides evening courses for students in our high school, Academy360 alumni, adults attending Independence360 and other adults on the autism spectrum and with behavioral and related disabilities, so that they may continue to develop learned skills and individual talents.
Courses are designed to leverage and build on the interests and strengths of young adults, and can foster growth in academics, recreation, leisure, social skills and health and fitness.
Courses change every semester. Some of our recent courses have included:
- Sports and Fitness
- Graphic Arts
- Travel Training
Academy360 Upper School is overseen by:
Lynn Muir, Principal
973.509.3050 ext. 401
Kelly Cue, Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction
973.509.3050 ext. 403
Find us at:
Academy360 Upper School
6 Regent Street
Livingston, NJ 07039